Private Enterprise Federation (PEF) with the support from Africa Lead is seeking to engage the services of a Management Consultant to develop and submit a Strategic Plan.
Consultant’s scope of work
The consultant is to develop a strategic plan detailing the following;
- A critical analysis of PEF’s organizational structure in line with the objectives of 2014-2018 operational plan which may be restructured and or refocused, its functions with proposals to meet its diverse needs notably its members, other stakeholders and external relations/partnerships and a proposal to improve its systems;
- Redefine PEF’s priorities if necessary;
- A profile of key positions in the Executive Management with a proposal to improve human resource management;
- A documented assessment of the performance and motivation of all staff, matching existing profiles and human resources requirements necessary for the implementation of the strategic plan;
- An analysis of the communication flow and a proposal to improve the system;
- A technical analysis of the recommended work stream approach between PEF programs and thematic areas;
The Strategic Operational Plan shall also include:
- Strategic Planning Framework for PEF outlining Strategic Thrust, an Implementation Plan, Strategic Operating Plan, Membership engagement, Governance and M & E framework
- Review the current scope of activities of PEF with recommendations to enable PEF deliver on its mandate and meet its financial needs.
- Outline both internal and external communication plan for PEF
- Propose potential funding Requirements and Strategies to sustain the operations of PEF
- Any other responsibility that maybe agreed by the Management of PEF
Responsibilities & Tasks
The consultant is encouraged to phase the components of this strategic plan and organizational development capacity building in order to ensure that each component establishes a base of recommendations, corporate understanding and decisions that lead to the structure needed to advance the priorities and mandate of PEF.
The Strategic Planning specialist will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Work collaboratively with other team members in planning and identified work streams for the execution of the strategy.
- Conduct literature review and analysis of key documents and reports
- Assist in preparation of presentations e.g. at the kickoff meetings, validation workshops and debriefing meetings with PEF and Africa Lead.
- Assist in the designing and development of standard interview protocols, survey instruments, and questionnaires and administer them to target stakeholders
The specific timeline for each deliverable will be documented following the briefing meetings with PEF, and included in Africa Lead reporting requirements:
- An inception report, no more than 10 pages, containing the consultants’ proposed roadmap and timetable of the assignment;
- An interim report drawing up all aspects and tasks of the assignment. This should include an analysis on the organizational and institutional aspects, the communication channels and the administrative and accounting procedures for PEF;
- Organize and facilitate a validation workshop to share the views with varied stakeholders and propose necessary changes to the Interim Report;
- A final report taking into account the observations of the interim report from the debriefing workshop.
Qualifications of the Consultant
- Master’s degree in private sector development, international development, economics, management, agriculture or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working with multilateral or bilateral international development organizations, non-governmental organizations, and/or private sector institutions is required.
- Analytical skills required include: Assessment of performance management systems, or results-based management of programs and projects, financial analysis and cost effectiveness, and institutional development. Other experience should include: monitoring and evaluation, database management, survey research, responsibility for research methods including interviews, program evaluation, qualitative and quantitative statistical sampling, information analysis, research techniques and methodologies, report writing, use of MS spreadsheets.
- Experience working with USG-funded or other cooperating partner agencies is preferred. Familiarity with PEF and other regional APEX Private Sector bodies is desirable.
- Must have sound knowledge of evaluation and program assessment principles and approaches (using both formative and summative evaluation questions), as well as experience with research institutions.
- Knowledge of the West Africa private sector engagement in agriculture, agriculture research and insight to improve food security development environment is required.
- An in-depth understanding of program and project design, implementation, financial management, and monitoring and evaluation, in the international assistance arena is required.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and environment, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with various levels of management and staff and interact with a wide range of stakeholders including but not limited to political leaders, experts, national programs, technical and financial partners and farmer based organizations;
- Experience in report writing and technical editing of development issues and reports.
- Experience in conducting interviews and analyzing survey results.
Background of PEF
The Private Enterprise Federation (PEF), a non-profit and non-political organization was established in 1994 to support the development and growth of private sector businesses in Ghana. The Federation has received support from the USAID through Africa Lead to build its capacity.
The overall goal of the project is to strengthen the organizational, human and financial resource capacities of PEF to enable it deliver on its mandate to:
- Serve as the lead voice of advocacy for the domestic private sector.
- Provide business development and advisory services to the domestic private sector.
- Research and publicize data to promote the efficiency and growth of the domestic private sector.
The project’s specific purpose is to enable PEF improve its management capacity in order to achieve sustainability of its operations. The project seeks to put in place the human resource, management and planning mechanisms that will allow PEF to achieve its goal and objectives.
Mode of Application: Interested individuals or firms can apply by submitting sealed proposals addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and delivered or posted to the following addresses.
Address 1: Private Enterprise Federation
Bungalow number 7
Prempeh II Street, GIMPA Campus,
Greenhill – Accra
Address 2: Private Enterprise Federation
P. O. Box CT 1671
Closing Date for proposals: 13th September 2016
NB: Only short-listed Applicants will be contacted.
For further enquiries contact the Federation through 0302974983.